10.11.09

¡Viva Madrid!


Wow. I am in Madrid, the capital of Spain and it is just amazing!!!First though you have to see some pictures of my piso (that means apartment here in Madrid). This is my sala with a fabulous flat screen TV. This is my comedor although I don't think that I will be eating there very much with such fabulous cafés and restaurantes so close by.
This is the best part of the apartment. The view. That is the famous Plaza Mayor out my window! The Plaza Mayor is the main plaza in Madrid and the king's palace is just around the corner from here!!

Again the view!! Awesome.

On my first night here a couple of days ago I went to the Teatro Real. But first tapas.
Tapas are "snacks" here in Spain. You see they don't eat supper until 9pm or 10pm so they have a snack about 5pm at a bar or café. I went to a beautiful café near here and across from the Teatro.

I ate a selection of sausages and hams with mussels and shrimp while sipping some vino tinto (red wine) and watching the people walk by. What do you think of my snacks? Not your typical snacks, heh?
Well there snacks are fairly hefty by our standards. All different types of sausages and hams, tons of seafood dishes, patatas bravas (spicy potato chunks) and tortilla de patatas (kind of a potato pie). It was hard to decide what to eat.

Next, I headed to the Teatro Real to watch a Russian ballet, called Espartaco.
Here's what it looked like before the crowds arrived.

I didn't understand the ballet but it was pretty. Very long. First Acto 1 which was 45 minutes then they took a 25 minute break for drinks and food for the crowd while they changed the stage. Then Acto 2 for 40 minutes and then another 25 minute break followed by Acto 3 for another 45 minutes. How would you like to sit through that? It wasn't bad.Definitely, interesting and very beautiful to watch.

Ok. Decision time folks. I need help. Can you help me out?
What should I do next Cardamomo or Bernabeu Stadium?
I am soooo not a decision maker. So I really do need your help. Which sounds better and why??

12 comments:

  1. g;slfg;lskfg';sf'l;
    sra. schmiesing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bernabeu Stadium sounds better. I think this one would be very interesting adn educational. When i get older I hope to visit places around the world such as Madrid. The capitol of Spain. From what I hear it's pretty beautiful and very interesting.
    Yara

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snacks sound weird, so not your typical snack food! I don't think I could handle sitting through that long ballet; I can't sit still for that long. (:
    Sure I'll help you out. I think you should go to the Bernabeu Stadium because soccer (or football) is Spain's national sport. Also it will be a big difference from something classical like ballet.
    I hope I helped you with your decision!
    -Inez! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of i wouldnt eat at 9 or 10 o'clock and muscles are nasty but shrimp is really good. I dont like plays so i wouldnt like it but it would probably be neat to see all the different things. I would go to the Bernabeu Stadium because it looks like it has a lot of interesting things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well i think those snacks sound pretty good. I would not mind trying something new. I probably would not be able to sit around that long for a play especially not a ballet. I would rather visit Bernabeu Stadium because it looks like it could be fun
    Cesar

    ReplyDelete
  6. What do you think of my snacks?
    I think that the ham and sausages would be delicious but the shrimp wine and mussels would be nasty.
    I think 45 minutes is too long.
    Yes. The Cardanono because it sounds interesting
    My dream is to become a doctor. I would make a complete stop to diseases.
    I would sit down and watch TV.
    Sometimes I drink it, I like a lot of cream.
    Nutty bars or anything else we have in the cabinet.
    -Agustin

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think you should go to the bernabeu.i think this because you would probaby have more fun and i probably couldnt sit that long for a play.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should go snowboarding Sierra de Guadarrana
    -Agustin

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bernabeu stadium because I do not realy like plays unless it is funny or action like : Blas

    ReplyDelete
  10. i would go to the bernebeu stadium because it looks really nice and i bet you would like change because maybe it wont be anoying sitting through 10 different shows with 10 different breaks. you know? i just perfer the bernabeu stadium rather than cardamomo
    **Rosalva** ;) :p

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would pick to go to the Bernebeu stadium.It looks the pretiest and nicer.It also looksa lot more interesting and less boring.The Cardamomo seems like it would take way too long to just sit there and watch something boring.
    Maricruz

    ReplyDelete